Saturday 15 December 2012

Christmas is in the hoooooouse!

So as we are well aware, Christmas is almost upon us! I don't know how, but somehow we are already in the middle o December! Where has this year gone!? Anywho, so last Saturday was the 8th of December which in Italy is a national holiday. It is known as the Feast Day of the Immaculate Conception. Many families choose to use this day to set up the Christmas tree and so forth. My host family set up the tree after Emma goes to bed and they have a little story they tell Emma, the 6 year old girl I'm au pairing as to how the tree makes it's way to the house. They tell Emma that Santa Claus only brings trees to households where the children has behaved. The day before 'Santa' was meant to be coming I found that Emma was especially good, she did her homework the minute she came home and told her mum 'oh I love homework, homework is so much fun!' Hahaha!















1 comment: