Saturday 1 December 2012

Getting settled in Genoa

So I've now spent 3 days in Genoa now, it's been such an amazing 3 days. Everyone is oh so lovely and it's so relaxing here! The last few days has been great, just getting settled in with the lovely family that I'm staying with and getting a sense of direction. I'm living a little just outside genoa in manesseno and it's adorable here! Getting settled is the easy bit, the bit that's a lot harder than expected is trying to communicate when you know close to no Italian! I expected it to be hard but not this hard! And it's a little hard to meet people when you can't communicate with them! It's like going back to high school all over again cept not know how to talk hahaha! Everyone is so incredibly welcoming though and it's a very close knit community here! Today, I went with Emma, the little girl I'm au pairing, to a gathering type thing at the local church so that I could be introduced to people my age. There were quite a lot of little kids there and they were split into different age group, led by older teenagers and were all learning dances for a Christmas show! There was even a group of kids doing gangnam style! Hahahha! A lovely Italian girl who knew a little English (her english was better than my italian) took me under her wing and allowed me into their group where I learnt a little kids dance. It was absolutely adorable and I felt so welcomed!

Emma and me

At the church 

No comments:

Post a Comment