Saturday 24 November 2012

Barcelona!

On October 18th I left London for Spain, my first out of London trip and a few things really blew my mind.
A. It's unbelievable how cheap it is to travel around Europe! We booked flights and 4 nights in St Christopher's Inn in Barcelona, which by the way is a really legit hostel, I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to go to barca, for just over £100!
B. The fact that I could go to Spain 'for the weekend.' Spain is only 2 hours away on the plane and I know that for a lot of people, especially those in Europe that its no biggie but coming from New Zealand it excites me so much!

Basically the weekend consisted of less sight seeing than I expected to do, eating a lot of really good food and a little more drinking than I thought hahaha.
I checked out Park Guell, which is absolutely beautiful and a definite must do, and was made even better by guys that decided to, on their day off to go impromptu busking, they had so much energy and and just seemed so full of joy that you can't help but to love them.
Wandered to Sagrada Familia, but couldn't be bothered waiting in line to get in so I decided to wander back to the hostel and instead of using a map like a normal person I thought screw that and ended up aimlessly wandering. It took me two hours to find my way back but I managed to find myself a few good bargains here and there in some cute little vintage stores in the back streets of barcelona, so good move Flo, good move!

Oh yeah and small tip for anyone flying Ryanair, they're apparently real strict when it comes to carry on luggage, I don't know how I manage to get both my flights, guess luck was on my side, that and a jacket I borrowed from my friend to cover half my bag to make it look smaller but yeah make sure you check bag sizes and such!

No comments:

Post a Comment