Friday 23 November 2012

Retracing my London journey

So like I mentioned in the previous post I'm going to start posting shorter Instagram like posts (minus the hash tags) and seeing as I haven't blogged in the last 3 months pretty much since before I left Hong Kong the next load of blogs will be retraces of my London journey so far!

Here's part 1.
I arrived in London on September 3rd 2012. I stayed in the hostel in the first picture I posted and two weeks later I moved upstairs above the hostel and settled into Fulham, London.

I pretty much got straight into working seeing as I arrived with about £400 in my account, yes I may have potentially spent more money in Hong Kong than I should've... But hey at least it goes with the broke girl travelling thing ;]
So the day after I arrived in London I was put into training for my new job as a food waiter/glass and cutlery polisher/'whatever else needs to be done' staff for events and functions in 5 star hotels within London.
My first shift was the day after training so within 3 days of arriving in London I was working. We catered for 600 people in that first shift in the Royal Courts of Justice building in the second photo, talked abut being chucked into the deep end!
I swear people in London throw parties, functions and award nights for everything possible, like no joke!

No comments:

Post a Comment