Friday 23 November 2012

Retracing my London journey. Part 4.

One of the greatest things about London is that no matter how poor you are there is still so much you can do and see. Now I'm not gonna lie, I haven't done as much touristy things as I had hoped, I guess I just thought that seeing as I'm here for a year I've got plenty of time to see the sights! In the first month of me being here, on my days off, which tended to be a Sunday I went to Camden markets, Tate modern, London museum and the British museum aside from that I hadn't done much mainly because of the fact that I found I was too exhausted after a whole week of working to actually enjoy London.

I finally got round to going to check out Westminster abbey, the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and London eye after being in London for 2 months. Coincidently I went to see the Houses of Parliament on Guy Fawkes , with a friend and found that there was a massive protest outside the building. It was amazing and the vibe was absolutely incredible!

As for shopping, a favourite pastime of mine, it isn't so great when you can't afford rent let alone shopping but wandering, especially aimless wandering in London is absolutely amazing if you're easily amused and amazed like me. The place you find down back streets are so beautiful and unexpected you can help but just to fall in love and with London, I swear no matter how long you spend you just can't get enough and will constantly keep finding treasures.
Ooooooh vintage lovers! London is incredible when it comes to vintage as I'm sure you all know but I found that a lot of vintage stores are quite expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment