Friday 23 November 2012

Retracing my London journey. Part 3.

The first month of my London consisted of pretty much just work and sleep. In my first week of work I worked a solid 68 hours which isn't much for people on hospitality but for a girl who's only worked in retail, working 35 hour weeks and had the most cruisey job in the world it was a heck of a change! And for £6.80 an hour before tax it was quite a change, I swear I've never worked so hard in my life! Arriving with £400 probably wasn't the smartest idea.

My first two weeks in London was quite possibly the most stressful two weeks of my life. Trying to sort out permanent accommodation (not ideal when you only have £400 and have to put down a bond and a week's rent in advance but we'll get back to that in a second) all the while juggling working long hours really takes it out of you! Back to the accommodation, a massive shout out to my parents and sister who I found myself crawling back to for financial help within the first two weeks of London life!

I'm sure that for plenty of people London is crazy expensive but compared to New Zealand, prices are relatively similar. I found that with London the only things that are expensive are rent and transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment